Thursday, February 4, 2010

Weight Loss

My friend came up to me 2 weeks ago and told me that she was going to help me lose my extra weight before my husband came home. While some might be offended by such a comment, I wasn't. I was excited. If anyone could keep me motivated and on track, it was her.

After I had Donovan, almost 2 years ago, I started Weight Watchers. I was a nursing mom, and therefore I had a LOT of points every day. So many, that by the end of the day I would have so many left over, that I would eat ice cream and candy because I had the points for it. Not the best way to lose weight! I kept at it, though. I didn't really follow the point system, though. What I did was eat smarter and make my portions smaller. In fact, I started using the kids' plates. My plate looked fuller, and I found that I wasn't hungry at the end of the meal. I didn't eat so much that I was overfull, either. Using that system, I lost 47 pounds. I didn't exercise, just watched my food. I got down to a stretchy-jean size 6!!!

Then the next year arrived, and I gain 23 pounds back. I was back in a size 12. Boo!!! How? I stopped caring what I put in my body. That, and stress/emotional eating. That's when I found out that David was going to Korea. I knew I needed to get control again, but I lost the desire and motivation to do so.

So my friend coming to help was so great! We met later that week to talk about our issues with food and exercise, and made a plan. My plan was to make a green smoothie every day for breakfast and/or lunch. A healthy dinner with minimal meat, and a salad. The salad was to be the main course, and the meal the side dish. My boys LOVE salad, so there are very excited about this. We were going to get together Monday through Friday to work out. Her house on M-W-F for trampoline and treadmill for the cardio, my house on T-R to do "weights" on my Wii using EA Active. Upper body one day, lower body the next.

We started on Wed last week, and it is now Thur. I am happy to say that I have worked out every day! Well, not everyday. I don't work out on the weekend, and it wasn't in the plans to do so. In fact, yesterday Kyron was sick so he was home from school. I didn't want her to get sick, so we didn't get together. Yet I was good, and I worked out here by myself! I'm so proud of me! I rarely actually follow through on working out on my own.

As for the eating, I'm not doing quite as well. I made the green smoothie the first day, but I found that most of my ingredients have been infested with bugs (yeah, it's been a long time since I've been in that pantry). I need to do some shopping for chia seeds, almonds, and more frozen fruit. The salads for dinner, eh. The boys are doing better at eating them than I am! I don't know. I like salad, I really do. But for some reason, I can't bring myself to eat it. I am doing better at not eating the junk food, though.

So, a week has gone by. How have I done? I've lost 1 pound. Yay! I hope to keep it up and do the same, if not a little bit better, next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment