Friday, February 5, 2010

Sick Baby

Okay, I probably need to stop calling him a baby. He will be 2 years old on Tuesday. But, he was sick all last night. From 5pm to 11pm he threw up about 8 times. It was so distressing to him. He didn't understand what was going on. He didn't want dinner, of course. And when I asked him if he wanted to go to bed, he indicated that he did. But, he kept waking up to throw up. By the time it was all done, we had gone through 5 pairs of pj's, 4 sheets, and 7 blankets. Oh, and let's not forget my clothes that got soaked with the last one. I got a load of laundry in before I went to bed, so that I'd have more if I needed it. Luckily, he didn't wake back up. He still wanted his cup of water, and he went right back to sleep after he was cleaned up.

I called Mom, as I was worried about giving him more water, as that was all he was throwing up at that point. She was concerned about electrolytes. I texted my friend, as I couldn't leave the house with sleeping kids, and asked if she would run to Casey's and pick up some Gatorade. When she heard that he threw up 8 times, she was walking out the door. I have such good friends! He woke up one more time after the Gatorade showed up (that would be the time he soaked me), and so I filled his cup with the drink rather than water.

When he woke up this morning, he was happy! That is very unusual, as he always wakes up crying. But, so far, he's been doing great! Back to his normal happy self!

Kyron was doing the same thing 3 nights ago. I wonder who's next...

No comments:

Post a Comment